Nothing's in my cart
Presenting 3D models
VIVE Sync allows you to import 3D models into the meeting room.
When you open a 3D model, it will be visible to the meeting participants but only you can interact with it. You can move, resize, and rotate it.
- For details on supported 3D file formats and upload requirements, see Types of files you can present in a VIVE Sync meeting.
- To find out how to upload files to the meeting room, see Preparing files for the meeting.
- Open the Sync Menu, and then select File.
- In the File Browser, scroll the file list to find the 3D model and then open it.
Point at the area where you want to place the 3D model, and then squeeze the
By default, a gizmo is displayed on the 3D model:
When you point at the model, you'll see controls on the gizmo that allow you to move, rotate, and scale the 3D model.
Here's how to move, rotate, and resize the 3D model:
Tip: You can also directly touch the gizmo with your controller when moving, rotating, and scaling the 3D object.
Point at one of the sides of the gizmo. Hold theand drag the 3D model.
While holding the:
- Drag the top or bottom edge to rotate vertically.
- Drag the left or right edge to rotate horizontally.
Point at any of the corners, and then hold thewhile dragging.
Select the Options icon next to the 3D model name to choose from more options:
Icon Description Hide or show the gizmo. Reset the 3D model to its original size and orientation. Turn auto rotation on and off. Snap to grid when moving, rotating, or scaling the 3D model. Change the gizmo's orientation relative to the 3D model or relative to the room. Scale the 3D model to 1/16th of the original size. Scale the 3D model to 1/2 of the original size. Change the 3D model back to the original size. Scale the 3D model to twice the original size. Remove the 3D model from the room.