Nothing's in my cart
About VIVE Sync
Organizing and managing meetings
Presenting to your audience
Tools you can use
Using VIVE Sync on your PC and mobile device
Solutions and FAQs
- How many people can join a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What devices are compatible with VIVE Sync?
- Can people using different VR headsets join the same VIVE Sync meeting?
- Is VIVE Sync compatible with Oculus VR headsets?
- What languages does VIVE Sync support?
- What are the system requirements for using VIVE Sync with a PC VR headset?
- What is the VIVE Sync Avatar Creator app, and where can I find it?
- What types of files can I share during a VIVE Sync meeting?
- Why can't I sign in to the VIVE Sync website on iPad or iPhone?
- How do I send feature requests, feedback, and suggestions to the VIVE Sync team?
- What ports must the network administrator enable for VIVE Sync?
VIVE Sync meetings
- Can I book VIVE Sync meetings from Outlook?
- I was invited to a VIVE Sync meeting. How do I join?
- Why aren't some meetings listed on the Agenda panel in the VIVE Sync lobby?
- How do I upload files to a meeting room?
- How do I import 3D models into VIVE Sync?
- I uploaded a 3D model, but I couldn't open it in the meeting room. Why?
- What's the difference between Host code and Guest code?
- Where and for how long are uploaded files stored in VIVE Sync?
- Can I record VIVE Sync meetings?
- How long are screenshots and meeting minutes available after the meeting ends? How do I download them?
- Contact Us
Presenting 3D models
VIVE Sync allows you to import 3D models into the meeting room.
When you open a 3D model, it will be visible to the meeting participants but only you can interact with it. You can move, resize, and rotate it.
- For details on supported 3D file formats and upload requirements, see Types of files you can present in a VIVE Sync meeting and About 3D models.
- For details on uploading files to meeting rooms, see Preparing files for the meeting.
- Open the Sync Menu, and then select File.
- In the File Browser, scroll the file list to find the 3D model and then open it.
Point at the area where you want to place the 3D model, and then squeeze the Trigger.
By default, a gizmo is displayed on the 3D model:
When you point at the model, you'll see controls on the gizmo that allow you to move, rotate, and scale the 3D model.
Here's how to move, rotate, and resize the 3D model:
Tip: You can also directly touch the gizmo with your controller when moving, rotating, and scaling the 3D object.
Point at one of the sides of the gizmo. Hold the Trigger and drag the 3D model.
While holding the Trigger:
- Drag the top or bottom edge to rotate vertically.
- Drag the left or right edge to rotate horizontally.
Point at any of the corners, and then hold the Trigger while dragging.
Select the Options icon next to the 3D model name to choose from more options:
Icon Description Hide or show the gizmo. Reset the 3D model to its original size and orientation. Turn auto rotation on and off. Snap to grid when moving, rotating, or scaling the 3D model. Change the gizmo's orientation relative to the 3D model or relative to the room. Scale the 3D model to 1/16th of the original size. Scale the 3D model to 1/2 of the original size. Change the 3D model back to the original size. Scale the 3D model to twice the original size. Remove the 3D model from the room.