About VIVE Sync
Organizing and managing meetings
- Booking a meeting from the Sync website
- Booking a meeting from Outlook
- Booking a meeting room from the lobby
- Uploading files to use in your meetings
- Uploading files from your PC with VIVE Sync File Manager
- Uploading 360° videos
- Joining a VIVE Sync meeting
- Navigating meeting rooms with VR controllers
- Things you can do in a VIVE Sync meeting
- Hosting a meeting
- Changing your presence state
- Private Talk
- Safe zone
- Downloading screenshots and other files created in meetings
Presenting to your audience
- Presenting content in a meeting
- Opening documents and other files
- Accessing web content
- Adding, changing, and removing bookmarks
- Writing and drawing on the whiteboard
- Working with content windows
- Using Presentation view
- Requesting control of a content window or Big Screen
- Mirroring the presenter's screen
- Viewing and sharing a 360° video
- Opening 3D models
- Requesting control of a 3D model
Tools you can use
Accessing your PC
Using tracking features in VIVE Sync
Using VIVE Sync in VIVE Flow
- Using your phone as a controller in VIVE Sync
- Navigating the virtual space with the phone controller
- Opening and closing the Options Menu with the phone controller
- Interacting with 3D models using the phone controller
- Performing gestures with the phone controller
- Handling content windows with the phone controller
Using VIVE Sync on your PC and mobile device
Solutions and FAQs
- How many people can join a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What are the system requirements for using VIVE Sync with a PC VR headset?
- What devices are compatible with VIVE Sync?
- Can people using different VR headsets join the same VIVE Sync meeting?
- What languages does VIVE Sync support?
- Is VIVE Sync compatible with Oculus VR headsets?
- What is the VIVE Avatar Creator app, and where can I find it?
- What types of files can I share during a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What's the file size limit for uploading files to a room?
- How many files and content windows can I open at the same time?
- Why can't I sign in to the VIVE Sync website on iPad or iPhone?
- How do I send feature requests, feedback, and suggestions to the VIVE Sync team?
- What ports must the network administrator enable for VIVE Sync?
VIVE Sync meetings
- Can I book VIVE Sync meetings from Outlook?
- I was invited to a VIVE Sync meeting. How do I join?
- Why aren't some meetings listed on the Agenda panel in the VIVE Sync lobby?
- How do I upload files to a meeting room?
- What's the difference between Host code and Guest code?
- Where and for how long are uploaded files stored in VIVE Sync?
- Can I record VIVE Sync meetings?
- How long are screenshots and meeting minutes available after the meeting ends? How do I download them?
- Contact Us
Opening 3D models
When you open a 3D model, it will be visible to the meeting participants but only you can interact with it. You can move, resize, and rotate it.
The steps below show how to use a VR controller to interact with 3D models.
- For details on supported 3D file formats and upload requirements, see Types of files you can present in a VIVE Sync meeting and Preparing 3D models.
- For details on uploading files to meeting rooms, see Uploading files to use in your meetings.
- VIVE Flow uses your smartphone as the controller. For details, see Interacting with 3D models using the phone controller.
- Open the Sync Menu, and then select Files.
- On the left side of the File Browser window, select 3D models.
- Select a 3D model file, and then select the Open button.
Point to the area where you want to place the 3D model, and then squeeze the Trigger.
By default, a gizmo appears around the 3D model. Point to the gizmo to see controls for moving, rotating, and scaling the 3D model.
Here's how to move, rotate, and resize the 3D model:
Tip: You can also directly touch the gizmo with your controller when moving, rotating, and scaling the 3D object.
Hold the Trigger to grab the gizmo, and then drag the 3D model.
Hold the Trigger to grab one of the edges of the gizmo, and then drag to rotate the 3D model.
Hold the Trigger to grab one of the corners of the gizmo, and then drag to resize the object.
Select the Options icon next to the 3D model name to choose from more options:
Icon Description Hide or show the gizmo. Reset the 3D model to its original size and orientation. Turn auto rotation on and off. Snap to grid when moving, rotating, or scaling the 3D model. Change the gizmo's orientation relative to the 3D model or relative to the room. Scale the 3D model to 1/16th of the original size. Scale the 3D model to 1/2 of the original size. Change the 3D model back to the original size. Scale the 3D model to twice the original size. Remove the 3D model from the room.