About VIVE Sync
Organizing and managing meetings
- Booking a meeting from the Sync website
- Booking a meeting from Outlook
- Booking a meeting room from the lobby
- Preparing files for the meeting
- Uploading files from your PC with VIVE Sync File Manager
- Joining a VIVE Sync meeting
- Navigating meeting rooms with VR controllers
- Things you can do in a VIVE Sync meeting
- Hosting a meeting
- Downloading screenshots and other files created in meetings
- Changing your presence state
- Private Talk
Presenting to your audience
- Presenting content in a meeting
- Opening documents and other files
- Accessing web content
- Accessing your PC desktop
- Writing and drawing on the whiteboard
- Working with content windows
- Using Presentation view
- Mirroring the presenter's screen
- Collaborating in a content window or Big Screen
- Opening 3D models
Tools you can use
Using hand tracking in VIVE Sync
Using VIVE Sync in VIVE Flow
- Using your phone as a controller in VIVE Sync
- Navigating the virtual space with the phone controller
- Opening and closing the Options Menu with the phone controller
- Interacting with 3D models using the phone controller
- Performing gestures with the phone controller
- Handling content windows with the phone controller
Using VIVE Sync on your PC and mobile device
Solutions and FAQs
- How many people can join a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What devices are compatible with VIVE Sync?
- Can people using different VR headsets join the same VIVE Sync meeting?
- Is VIVE Sync compatible with Oculus VR headsets?
- What languages does VIVE Sync support?
- What are the system requirements for using VIVE Sync with a PC VR headset?
- What is the VIVE Avatar Creator app, and where can I find it?
- What types of files can I share during a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What's the file size limit for uploading files to a room?
- How many files and content windows can I open at the same time?
- Why can't I sign in to the VIVE Sync website on iPad or iPhone?
- How do I send feature requests, feedback, and suggestions to the VIVE Sync team?
- What ports must the network administrator enable for VIVE Sync?
VIVE Sync meetings
- Can I book VIVE Sync meetings from Outlook?
- I was invited to a VIVE Sync meeting. How do I join?
- Why aren't some meetings listed on the Agenda panel in the VIVE Sync lobby?
- How do I upload files to a meeting room?
- How do I import 3D models into VIVE Sync?
- I uploaded a 3D model, but I couldn't open it in the meeting room. Why?
- What's the difference between Host code and Guest code?
- Where and for how long are uploaded files stored in VIVE Sync?
- Can I record VIVE Sync meetings?
- Contact Us
About 3D models
- To make sure you can load your 3D model and that all meeting participants can view it, follow the recommended 3D model specifications below.
On PC VR platforms, you can load large files in VIVE Sync from your computer, depending on amount of available system memory. The recommended 3D model specifications for PC VR are applicable if all participants are using PC VR headsets.
Due to differences in performance between all-in-one VR and mobile platforms, there are limitations to the size and content of 3D models. If an uploaded file exceeds the limit, the model may fail to load on the VR headset. Participants using Viewer mode on mobile devices may also not be able to view the model.
PC VR All-in-one VR and Mobile Polygons 15,000 or below recommended 5,000 or below recommended, 200,000 maximum File size 150 MB or below recommended 60 MB or below recommended, 300 MB maximum Texture resolution 4096 x 4096 or below recommended 1024 x 1024 recommended, 2048 x 2048 maximum
- FBX, OBJ, and glTF (.gltf/.glb) files must be packed into their respective .zip files before upload.
Pack any textures with your 3D model in the .zip file.
- Unity asset bundle (.ab) files do not need to be packed into a .zip file.
To ensure that all meeting participants can view your 3D model, we recommend building and uploading your model for PC, Android, and iOS platforms (appending their filenames with "*_windows.ab", "*_android.ab," and "*_ios.ab") to accommodate all devices.
For more information on working with 3D models, see the Guide on Preparing 3D Models for VIVE Sync.