Marker-based tracking features
Marker-Based Location Sharing setup
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing with one ArUco marker
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing with two ArUco markers
- Creating ArUco markers for Marker-Based Location Sharing
- Aligning the height of a virtual scene using an ArUco marker
- Moving a user to a specific point in a virtual scene
- Running Marker-Based Location Sharing with VIVE Business Streaming
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (AIO)
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (PC VR)
- Marker-Based Location Sharing JSON files
LBE Mode/LBE Hybrid Mode setup
LBE map configuration
Marker-Based Drift Prevention and Marker-Based Relocation setup
Marker-Based Scene Alignment setup
Simulator VR Mode setup
- Setting up Simulator VR Mode
- Pairing VR controllers with a headset
- Pairing wrist trackers with a headset
- Installing an anchor controller or tracker in a VR simulator
- Coordinate alignment
- Anchor controller and tracker origin points
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using a VR controller
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using an ArUco marker
- Simulator VR Mode FAQs
Apps and services
- Contact Us
Creating a map
Use the primary headset along with VIVE Manager to create a virtual map of your play area.
VIVE Manager, select your headset, and then tap
Enter your activation code and tap
Tip: Enable Remember me to save your activation code, which will make authorization easier the next time you create a map with the same headset.
When authorization is complete, tap
LBE map configuration.
- Move to the center of the first section of the play area.
Optional: If you configured
ArUco marker settings for
Marker-Based Drift Prevention or
Marker-Based Relocation, tap
SELECT FILE, and then select the JSON file from your mobile device.
Note: If you created ArUco markers for Marker-Based Scene Alignment, you'll need to finish creating your map first. After creating a map, you can upload your marker settings and calibrate the map for scene alignment. See Calibrating a map for Marker-Based Scene Alignment for details.
Map creation screen in
VIVE Manager, tap
The message Start scanning... will appear.
- Hold the headset at shoulder level and face forward.
Rotate 360° in a single, continuous motion for 5 seconds. Keep the headset stationary while turning.
Rotate 360° again, but this time, tilt the headset up and down while turning. Do this for 9 seconds.
Walk the perimeter of the section at a normal pace to trace the section boundary. Keep the headset stationary while walking.
- Move to the next section you want to scan, tap NEXT, and repeat the scanning process.
When you've finished scanning every section, tap
Note: If map usage exceeds 100%, old map data will be discarded to free up space.
- Place the headset in the center of the play area facing forward, and then tap SET.
Specify the area of your map (in meters), and then tap
The map will be saved to the headset and you'll be prompted to restart it. After restarting the headset, you can export the map. See Exporting a map to VBC.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.