Setup and cleaning
Solutions and FAQs
- Why doesn't the display turn back on when I put on my headset?
- What do I do if "Eye detection unsuccessful" appears?
- What do I do if eye tracking isn't accurate enough?
- What do I do if IPD adjustment doesn't complete and I can't continue setup?
- What do I do if the eye tracking icon doesn't appear?
- What should I do before sending the tracker for repair?
- Contact Us
What do I do if "Eye detection unsuccessful" appears?
Try the following and then calibrate the eye tracker again:
- Clean the headset lenses.
- Clean the eye tracker's camera lenses and the delicate parts of the eye frames. For details, see Cleaning VIVE Full Face Tracker.
- Make sure there is enough space between your eyes and the headset lenses and that nothing is blocking the headset lenses or eye tracker. If you're still unable to successfully calibrate the eye tracker after several attempts, try using the gasket spacer with the eye tracker. See Attaching the gasket spacer.