How do I improve VIVE Business Streaming performance?
Check the tips below to help improve the performance of VIVE Business Streaming.
- If your computer is using an NVIDIA graphics card, open the NVIDIA Control Panel. Under 3D Settings, click Manage 3D settings. In the Global Settings tab, look for Power management mode, and then set it to Prefer maximum performance.
- If you're experiencing frame drops, check if you're going beyond your play area's boundary. If you're constantly hitting your play area's boundary, reset your play area's boundary.
Streaming using a laptop
Try these tips if you're using VIVE Business Streaming on a laptop.
- Make sure the laptop is plugged in to a power source.
- If your laptop is using an NVIDIA graphics card, open the NVIDIA Control Panel. Under 3D Settings, click Manage 3D settings. In the Global Settings tab, look for Preferred graphics processor, and then set it to High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Try to keep the laptop cool. If the laptop gets too hot, it affects the performance of VIVE Business Streaming.
VIVE Business Streaming console
Try these options in the VIVE Business Streaming console.
- The render resolution might be too high for your computer's GPU. Go to Streaming graphics preferences to Performance. . Under Graphic settings, set
- If you're doing a wireless streaming session, the streaming bitrate may be too high for your network's bandwidth. Lower the bitrate in the
VIVE Business Streaming console. You can also enable
Dynamic bitrate in
. Dynamic bitrate automatically adjusts the streaming bitrate based on your network’s bandwidth and the bitrate set in the
VIVE Business Streaming console to give you the best wireless streaming experience.
You can also change these settings directly in VR by pressing the Menu button on the left controller twice.
This feature is only available when using VIVE Business Streaming console 1.11.8b or later and VIVE Business Streaming app 220.127.116.11 or later. To check which versions you're using, open the VIVE Business Streaming console and go to .
- If you're doing a wireless streaming session, go to Transmission, turn on [Experimental] TCP mode. , and then under
Wireless streaming session
To optimize the performance of VIVE Business Streaming while doing a wireless streaming session, try these:
- Connect your computer directly to your Wi-Fi router using an Ethernet cable.
- Have the headset and Wi-Fi router in the same room and try to have a clear line of sight between the headset and Wi-Fi router.
- Dedicate one wireless router to one headset. If you have several headsets using the same wireless router while using VIVE Business Streaming, reduce the number of headsets connected to the wireless router.
- If you're using the same wireless router for VIVE Business Streaming and video streaming services, stop using the video streaming service first while doing a wireless streaming session.
- Try switching your Wi-Fi router to another channel with less overlap with other Wi-Fi access points. Overlap caused by adjacent access points will degrade Wi-Fi performance. There are free mobile Wi-Fi analyzer tools that you can download to check Wi-Fi signals in your location. Consult your router's user guide to learn how to change the Wi-Fi channel.
- If possible, don’t connect to a Wi-Fi mesh network.
- If possible, don't use a mobile hotspot as your Wi-Fi router.
- Screen casting affects wireless streaming performance so it's not recommended to do screen casting while doing a wireless streaming session. See How do I show others what's inside the headset while doing wireless streaming?.