Headset and link box
- About the VIVE Pro 2 headset
- Putting on the VIVE Pro 2 headset
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Pro 2?
- Adjusting the lens distance on the headset
- Replacing the face cushion
- Connecting a USB device to the VIVE Pro 2 headset
- Removing the headset earphones
- Installing your own headphones
- Reinstalling the headset earphones
- Reattaching the head pad on the headset strap
- Updating the headset firmware
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- What is the dual camera used for?
VIVE Link Box (2.0)
Product care and repair
- How do I fix issues such as the display turning black or showing static?
- What can I do to troubleshoot the headset?
- What can I do when the status light on the headset indicates an error?
- What should I do if the headset is not tracked?
- My headset display is blurry. What should I do?
- What can I do to resolve the "headset not found" error?
- My headset can't be detected due to a USB port issue. What should I do?
- After upgrading to Windows 10, VIVE shows as the computer's main monitor. What should I do?
- I'm experiencing skipped frames. What could I do?
- I'm seeing drifting motion or floating objects in VR. What could I do?
- There's no audio when I use my USB Type-C headphones.
- Is there a way to also hear from the computer what's in VR?
- What can I do if the headset's dual camera won't turn on?
- What should I do if there's cracking noise from the headset earphones?
- What can I do if the headset connection status is unstable?
- While the headset is connected, my PC beeps when rebooting.
Base Station 2.0
- About SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Installing SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Tips for setting up SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- How many SteamVR Base Stations 2.0 can I use in a single setup?
- What things should I consider when installing more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Setting up additional base stations
- What are the minimum and maximum play area when using more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- My available space has an irregular shape. Can I still set up more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Can I use an odd number of SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Configuring the base station channels
- How can I check which base stations are currently in use?
- Using the mounting kit to install SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Cleaning the base stations
Base Station 1.0
Base Station 1.0 and 2.0 FAQs
- About VIVE Controllers (2018)
- Charging the controllers
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Pairing the controllers with the headset
- Attaching the lanyards to the controllers
- Updating controller firmware
- What does the status light on the controllers mean?
- What should I do if a controller is not tracked?
- How do I know which controller is not tracked?
- What can I do if the controller trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller won't turn on?
- The controller automatically turns off. What should I do?
- How do I recover my controller after an interrupted update?
- What is the play area?
- Choosing the play area
- Planning your play area
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Can seated/standing-only experiences work at room scale?
- How do I fix download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
System Dashboard settings
- Contact Us
What is the recommended space for the play area?
Space requirements for the play area vary, depending on the type of base stations you're using.
- For Base Station 2.0, room-scale setup requires a minimum play area of 2 m x 1.5 m (6 ft 6 in x 5 ft). Maximum size is 7 m x 7 m (23 ft x 23 ft).
- For Base Station 1.0, room-scale setup requires a minimum play area of 2 m x 1.5 m (6 ft 6 in x 5 ft). Movement within a diagonal area of up to 5 m (16 ft 4 in) is supported—for example, a 3.5 m x 3.5 m (around 11 ft 5 in x 11 ft 5 in) space.
There's no minimum for seated and standing experiences.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.