VIVE Business Streaming
Solutions and FAQs
- I've started streaming but I don't see anything in the headset except for a loading animation. What should I do?
- When I launch VIVE Business Streaming on the computer, I see an error that says "No VIVE Business Streaming driver found." What should I do?
- How do I make VIVE Business Streaming communicate through Windows Defender Firewall?
- I can't get wireless streaming to work, what can I do?
- How do I show others what's inside the headset while doing wireless streaming?
- I'm seeing an error "No supported GPU found", what should I do?
- I'm experiencing some content jittering when streaming, what can I do?
- My computer doesn't recognize the headset and the USB icon on VIVE Business Streaming console is gray. What can I do?
- VIVE Business Streaming doesn't want to launch on my computer. What can I do?
- After starting my streaming session on my VIVE Focus 3, I see a green screen in the headset. What should I do?
- The content seems to be stuttering a lot and the streaming experience is not what I was expecting. What can I do?
- In SteamVR, I see an error "Wrong video card." What should I do?
- Is there a way not to mirror the audio from the headset?
- The sound in the headset stutters and sounds distorted and garbled. What should I do?
- I've started streaming content but I don't hear any sound. What should I do?
- The audio sounds broken and there's a lot of noise. What should I do?
- Does the VIVE Streaming Cable provide power to the headset?
- VIVE Business Streaming can't update successfully. What should I do?
- What do the error codes and messages mean? What can I do?
- Contact Us
How do I make VIVE Business Streaming communicate through Windows Defender Firewall?
You may need to remove VIVE Business Streaming in Windows® Defender Firewall for it be allowed through.
- On your computer, go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall > Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall., and check if VIVE Remote Render Server is in the Allowed apps and features list.
Allowed apps and features list, remove all instances of
VIVE Remote Render Server. Select a
VIVE Remote Render Server instance, and click
Important: Make sure to remove all VIVE Remote Render Server instances in the list.
- Restart VIVE Business Streaming.
- In the dialog box where it asks for permission to allow network access, click Allow access.