Setup and cleaning
Solutions and FAQs
- Why doesn't the display turn back on when I put on my headset?
- What do I do if "Eye detection unsuccessful" appears?
- What do I do if eye tracking isn't accurate enough?
- What do I do if IPD adjustment doesn't complete and I can't continue setup?
- What do I do if the eye tracking icon doesn't appear?
- What should I do before sending the tracker for repair?
- Contact Us
What do I do if eye tracking isn't accurate enough?
Eye tracking accuracy can be affected by certain things that happen when using the eye tracker under normal conditions. If you notice a decline in eye tracking accuracy, keep the following in mind:
- Small changes in position can affect the calibration of the eye tracker. You may need to recalibrate the eye tracker after taking off the headset and putting it back on.
- If a headset is being shared among multiple users, each user will need to calibrate the eye tracker according to their individual requirements.
- Changes to lens distance and IPD settings can affect the calibration of the eye tracker. Make sure to recalibrate the eye tracker after making any changes to lens distance or IPD settings.