About VIVE Sync
Organizing and managing meetings
- Booking a meeting from the Sync website
- Booking a meeting from Outlook
- Booking a meeting room from the lobby
- Uploading files to use in your meetings
- Uploading files from your PC with VIVE Sync File Manager
- Uploading 360° videos
- Joining a VIVE Sync meeting
- Navigating meeting rooms with VR controllers
- Things you can do in a VIVE Sync meeting
- Hosting a meeting
- Changing your presence state
- Private Talk
- Safe zone
- Downloading screenshots and other files created in meetings
Presenting to your audience
- Presenting content in a meeting
- Opening documents and other files
- Accessing web content
- Adding, changing, and removing bookmarks
- Writing and drawing on the whiteboard
- Working with content windows
- Using Presentation view
- Requesting control of a content window or Big Screen
- Mirroring the presenter's screen
- Viewing and sharing a 360° video
- Opening 3D models
- Requesting control of a 3D model
Tools you can use
Accessing your PC
Using tracking features in VIVE Sync
Using VIVE Sync in VIVE Flow
- Using your phone as a controller in VIVE Sync
- Navigating the virtual space with the phone controller
- Opening and closing the Options Menu with the phone controller
- Interacting with 3D models using the phone controller
- Performing gestures with the phone controller
- Handling content windows with the phone controller
Using VIVE Sync on your PC and mobile device
Solutions and FAQs
- How many people can join a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What are the system requirements for using VIVE Sync with a PC VR headset?
- What devices are compatible with VIVE Sync?
- Can people using different VR headsets join the same VIVE Sync meeting?
- What languages does VIVE Sync support?
- Is VIVE Sync compatible with Oculus VR headsets?
- What is the VIVE Avatar Creator app, and where can I find it?
- What types of files can I share during a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What's the file size limit for uploading files to a room?
- How many files and content windows can I open at the same time?
- Why can't I sign in to the VIVE Sync website on iPad or iPhone?
- How do I send feature requests, feedback, and suggestions to the VIVE Sync team?
- What ports must the network administrator enable for VIVE Sync?
VIVE Sync meetings
- Can I book VIVE Sync meetings from Outlook?
- I was invited to a VIVE Sync meeting. How do I join?
- Why aren't some meetings listed on the Agenda panel in the VIVE Sync lobby?
- How do I upload files to a meeting room?
- What's the difference between Host code and Guest code?
- Where and for how long are uploaded files stored in VIVE Sync?
- Can I record VIVE Sync meetings?
- How long are screenshots and meeting minutes available after the meeting ends? How do I download them?
- Contact Us
Accessing one or more PCs in VIVE Sync
You need to install VIVE Sync Remote Desktop Agent on the PCs that will connect to VIVE Sync. For details on how to install it, see Installing additional tools for VIVE Sync.
Here's how to use Remote Desktop to connect a PC and access it in VIVE Sync:
- On your computer, launch VIVE Sync Remote Desktop Agent.
- Sign in with the same HTC account that you're using for VIVE Sync.
If this is your first time setting up
VIVE Sync Remote Desktop Agent, follow the onscreen instructions to set a device passcode and connect your PC to
Tip: To hear the computer's audio in VIVE Sync, click in the upper left and select Play audio from connected desktop.
- After clicking Connect in VIVE Sync Remote Desktop Agent, put on your headset.
- Launch VIVE Sync and join a meeting.
- Open the Sync Menu, and then select Desktop.
Devices, select the PC you want to connect to.
- Enter your device passcode and then select Connect.
Select the display you want to view.
Tip: If your PC is connected to multiple displays, you can choose which one to view.
Desktop window just as you would do on your PC.
You can open the PC's web browser, check your email, open files, and more.
You can also move, resize, and share the Desktop window. To find out how, see Working with content windows.
- The Remote Desktop feature in VIVE Sync is only available on all-in-one headsets.
- Currently, Remote Desktop doesn't support microphone audio from the headset. If you use Remote Desktop to make conference calls, you'll be able to hear other people but they won't be able to hear you.