Nothing's in my cart
- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Using mixed reality on VIVE XR Elite
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Viewing 360° photos
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Setting up a mixed reality environment
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a tracking mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
VIVE XR Elite for Business
Solutions and FAQs
- What should I do when the headset is unable to detect the controllers?
- How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
- Why isn't the battery percentage displaying correctly?
- Why does my headset turn off when it's connected to a power bank?
- How long is the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the headset?
- Can I connect a wired USB-C audio device to the headset?
Apps and content
- Contact Us
Setting up a mixed reality environment
Through MR room setup, you can customize your virtual space based on your physical room setup so that mixed reality apps can utilize your surroundings for VR interactions.
Using the headset's depth sensor, you can first scan meshes of your room which can be used by mixed reality apps. Room scan can also auto-detect objects in your surroundings such as walls and tables.
The types of objects required by the mixed reality app you're using may vary. You can add them manually during MR room setup as needed.
Here's how to set up a mixed reality environment via MR room setup:
- From Home, select Settings.
- Select Boundary.
Set up next to
If this is your first time to set up mixed reality, select Get started.
Start and follow the instructions in the
Scan room dialog box to scan your room.
As you move and look around your environment, meshes will be created and will cover the surfaces and objects that you're scanning.
When you've finished scanning, select
The meshes and detected walls and tables will be saved in the headset.Tip: If needed, you can perform another scan or select Reset walls to manually define walls in your environment.
To add more objects for the mixed reality app you're using, do the following:
Add objects and then choose the type of object that your mixed reality app needs to use.
Follow the tutorial and use hand gestures or the controller to manually define the object.
Defining a window via hand gestures Defining a window via the controller
- Select Add objects and then choose the type of object that your mixed reality app needs to use.