Nothing's in my cart
About VIVE Sync
Organizing and managing meetings
- Booking a meeting from the Sync website
- Booking a meeting from Outlook
- Booking a meeting room from the lobby
- Preparing files for the meeting
- Uploading files from your PC with VIVE Sync File Manager
- Uploading 360° videos
- Joining a VIVE Sync meeting
- Navigating meeting rooms with VR controllers
- Things you can do in a VIVE Sync meeting
- Hosting a meeting
- Changing your presence state
- Private Talk
- Safe zone
- Downloading screenshots and other files created in meetings
Presenting to your audience
- Presenting content in a meeting
- Opening documents and other files
- Accessing web content
- Adding, changing, and removing bookmarks
- Accessing your PC desktop
- Writing and drawing on the whiteboard
- Working with content windows
- Using Presentation view
- Collaborating in a content window or Big Screen
- Mirroring the presenter's screen
- Viewing and sharing a 360° video
- Opening 3D models
Tools you can use
Using tracking features in VIVE Sync
Using VIVE Sync in VIVE Flow
- Using your phone as a controller in VIVE Sync
- Navigating the virtual space with the phone controller
- Opening and closing the Options Menu with the phone controller
- Interacting with 3D models using the phone controller
- Performing gestures with the phone controller
- Handling content windows with the phone controller
Using VIVE Sync on your PC and mobile device
Solutions and FAQs
- How many people can join a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What are the system requirements for using VIVE Sync with a PC VR headset?
- What devices are compatible with VIVE Sync?
- Can people using different VR headsets join the same VIVE Sync meeting?
- What languages does VIVE Sync support?
- Is VIVE Sync compatible with Oculus VR headsets?
- What is the VIVE Avatar Creator app, and where can I find it?
- What types of files can I share during a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What's the file size limit for uploading files to a room?
- How many files and content windows can I open at the same time?
- Why can't I sign in to the VIVE Sync website on iPad or iPhone?
- How do I send feature requests, feedback, and suggestions to the VIVE Sync team?
- What ports must the network administrator enable for VIVE Sync?
VIVE Sync meetings
- Can I book VIVE Sync meetings from Outlook?
- I was invited to a VIVE Sync meeting. How do I join?
- Why aren't some meetings listed on the Agenda panel in the VIVE Sync lobby?
- How do I upload files to a meeting room?
- What's the difference between Host code and Guest code?
- Where and for how long are uploaded files stored in VIVE Sync?
- Can I record VIVE Sync meetings?
- How long are screenshots and meeting minutes available after the meeting ends? How do I download them?
- Contact Us
Safe zone protects you from possible harassment from strangers by keeping a safe distance between you and other people in the virtual space. You can set the distance between you and the boundary of your safe zone.
Here's how to enable safe zone:
- Open the Sync Menu and select Settings . The Global Settings window will be displayed.
Privacy, turn on
Safe zone and choose any of the following settings:
Setting Description Radius Select the distance between you and the boundary of your safe zone. Mute Mutes a user's voice inside your safe zone. Hide nameplate Hides a user's nameplate inside your safe zone.
Here's how safe zone works in VR:
- When users press and hold Trigger while pointing toward the area that's within your safe zone, they will see your safe zone.
- When a user crosses the boundary of your safe zone, you won't see each other inside your safe zone.
- When you've teleported to a seat (or you've been locked to a seat by the host) in the meeting room, a dialog box will be displayed and you can choose to temporarily disable your safe zone. Your safe zone will be re-enabled when you leave your seat.
- Your safe zone will also temporarily be disabled when you're viewing a video in 360 mode. Your safe zone will be re-enabled when you exit 360 mode.
- Private Talk cannot be used with users who are inside your safe zone.
If a Private Talk session with a user has already started before the user entered your safe zone, Private Talk will have higher precedence and your safe zone will temporarily be disabled.
- For details on how safe mode works in Viewer mode, see How safe zone works in Viewer mode.