- VIVE Focus 3 features
- What's inside the box?
- About the VIVE Focus 3 headset
- Charging the headset
- Putting on the headset
- Wearing the headset with glasses
- About the VIVE Focus 3 controllers
- Charging the controllers
- Setting up VIVE Focus 3 for individuals, teams, and small businesses
- Inserting a storage card
- Setting up your headset for business and enterprise
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Setting up your play area
- Pairing controllers
- Signing in with your HTC account
- Launching and closing apps
Getting the most out of your headset
- Getting titles from VIVE Business AppStore
- Downloading and installing VR titles on the headset
- Hand tracking
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Copying files between the headset and external storage
- Casting your screen
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE Focus 3
- Setting a device passcode
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Adding a VPN
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Uninstalling apps
- Connecting to the internet through USB tethering
- Resetting VIVE Focus 3 (factory reset)
- What is VIVE Manager?
- What phones does VIVE Manager support, and how do I get the app?
- What languages does VIVE Manager support?
- Pairing VIVE Manager with a new headset
- Casting the headset to your phone
- How do I install system updates from VIVE Manager?
- How do I uninstall VIVE Manager from my Android phone?
- How do I uninstall VIVE Manager from my iPhone?
Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Solutions and FAQs
- What do the buttons on the headset do?
- What do the LEDs on the battery mean?
- What do the controller buttons do?
- What does the LED on the front side of the headset indicate?
- What does the LED on the controllers mean?
- How do I check the power level of my controllers?
- What should I do if I can't see my controllers in VR?
- What do I do if my content crashes?
- What do I do if my headset isn't responding?
- Contact Us
Installing APK files on the headset
Here's how to install an APK file:
Transfer the file to the headset through one of the following methods:
Method Steps Storage card
- Copy the APK file to a storage card.
- Insert the storage card into the headset. See Inserting a storage card.
External USB storage device
- Copy the APK file to an external storage device.
- Connect the external storage device via the USB port on the right side of the headset.
Transfer to internal storage
- Connect the headset to your computer using the
USB Type-C port on the right side of the headset.
The Choose USB mode dialog box will then appear in the headset.
- Select File transfer.
- In your computer, open a file management app such as File Explorer and navigate to VIVE Focus 3.
- Click Internal shared storage.
- Copy the APK file to the Download folder.
- In the headset, go to Settings > Advanced.
- Turn on Allow unknown apps.
- Select Storage > File browser.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the APK file.
- Select the APK file to install it.
After installing an APK file, the app will appear in the Library. You can use the filter to find it more quickly. For details, see Launching and closing apps.