- Attaching the face cushion to the headset
- Turning on the headset
- Turning off the headset
- Charging the headset
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- Putting on the headset
- Plugging in your headphones
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Focus?
- Inserting a storage card
- Connecting to a wireless network
- Changing the system language
- Adjusting the volume
- Changing hand orientation
- Updating the headset software
- Securing the headset with a PIN
- Browsing files in the headset
- Capturing what you see inside the headset
- Browsing the Web
- Playing back videos
- Projecting the VIVE Focus screen to an external device
- Playing back content from an external device in VIVE Focus
- Seeing real surroundings
- When viewing photos, how do I go back to the thumbnails page?
- My movements are not being tracked properly, what can I do?
- An app has become unresponsive, what should I do?
- Does an app still run in the background after exiting it?
- Caring for your VIVE Focus
- Cleaning the face cushion
- Cleaning the headset lenses
VIVE Focus Experience
- Contact Us
Setting up VIVE Focus
Setting up VIVE Focus is fast and easy. You'll be immersed in VR in no time.
Important: Before setting up VIVE Focus, do these:
- Prepare a clear and safe area, at least 2m x 2m, that is indoors.
- Charge the headset first. See Charging the headset.
- Remove the protective films that are covering the tracking sensors and the headset lenses.
- Make sure to put the batteries into the controller. See Inserting the batteries into the controller.
- Remember the wireless network name you want to connect to and its password.
- Sign up for a VIVEPORT account as you will need one to log in to VIVEPORT. To sign up for one, go to focus.viveport.com
- Turn on the headset. See Turning on the headset.
- Wear the headset. See Putting on the headset.
- Pick up the controller and then press and hold the Home button for a few seconds to turn on the controller and start the pairing process. The pairing is successful when the controller vibrates for a few seconds.
- Follow the instructions in the headset to complete the setup. To select objects or press buttons onscreen, point to the object or button using the controller and then press the Trackpad.
During the setup process, you'll be asked to:
- Choose hand orientation.
- Choose the language to use.
- Go through a simple tutorial to learn about the controller functions.
Note: To go through the tutorial again after setting up VIVE Focus, go to Settings > Tutorial.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi® network. See Connecting to a wireless network.
- Sign into VIVEPORT.
- After you're done setting up, you'll be taken to VIVE™ Home. See Using VIVE Home.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.