- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Using mixed reality on VIVE XR Elite
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Viewing 360° photos
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Setting up a mixed reality environment
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a tracking mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
VIVE XR Elite for Business
Solutions and FAQs
- What should I do when the headset is unable to detect the controllers?
- How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
- Why isn't the battery percentage displaying correctly?
- Why does my headset turn off when it's connected to a power bank?
- How long is the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the headset?
- Can I connect a wired USB-C audio device to the headset?
Apps and content
- Contact Us
Mirroring your phone screen to VIVE XR Elite
- Phone mirroring is only available for Android phones.
- To use phone mirroring, your phone must support
Miracast. You can also stream DRM-protected content to the headset as long as your phone supports HDCP 2.2 or later.
To check your phone's compatibility, see Phones compatible with VIVE XR Elite.
- Make sure to pair VIVE Manager with your headset if you haven't done so. For details, see Pairing VIVE Manager with a new headset.
- Put on your headset.
- In the Library, select Phone mirroring.
When you see the
Invitation to connect dialog box, select
Your phone screen will be displayed in VR.
- Aim the beam anywhere on your phone screen to interact with it just as you'd normally do on your phone.
Use the toolbar below the phone screen to do the following:
Option Description Go back to the previous screen. Open your phone's voice assistant (for example, Google Assistant). Change phone mirroring settings. For details, see Changing phone mirroring settings. Switch the screen orientation between portrait and landscape.
After switching to landscape orientation, you'll see the Curved screen button on the toolbar. You can select the button to change between a curved and flat screen.Tip:
- If you don't see the toolbar, aim the beam toward the phone screen to make it appear.
- When viewing videos, make sure your phone's audio volume is not muted.
Moving and resizing the phone screen
Moving the phone screen
- Aim below the phone screen to make the move pointer appear.
- Pinch your thumb and index finger together or press the trigger on the controller to grab the screen, and then drag it to a new position.
Resizing the phone screen
- Aim toward any of the edges or corners of the phone screen to make a resize pointer appear.
- Pinch your thumb and index finger together or press the trigger on the controller to grab the edge or corner.
- Drag outward to enlarge the screen or inward to shrink the screen.
Changing the screen back to the default size and position
To change the phone screen back to the default size and position, select the Settings button on the toolbar, and then select Reset view.
Changing phone mirroring settings
|Reset view||If you've resized or moved the phone screen, reset the phone screen back to the default size or position.|
|Sync with headset||Turn this setting on to make the display orientation follow the position of the headset when you tilt or rotate your head.|
|Virtual environment||Choose a background for your virtual environment when using phone mirroring.|