Nothing's in my cart
Marker-based tracking features
Marker-Based Location Sharing setup
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing with one ArUco marker
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing with two ArUco markers
- Creating ArUco markers for Marker-Based Location Sharing
- Aligning the height of a virtual scene using an ArUco marker
- Moving a user to a specific point in a virtual scene
- Running Marker-Based Location Sharing with VIVE Business Streaming
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (AIO)
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (PC VR)
- Marker-Based Location Sharing JSON files
LBE Mode/LBE Hybrid Mode setup
LBE map configuration
Marker-Based Drift Prevention and Marker-Based Relocation setup
Marker-Based Scene Alignment setup
Simulator VR Mode setup
- Setting up Simulator VR Mode
- Pairing VR controllers with a headset
- Pairing wrist trackers with a headset
- Installing an anchor controller or tracker in a VR simulator
- Coordinate alignment
- Anchor controller and tracker origin points
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using a VR controller
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using an ArUco marker
- Simulator VR Mode FAQs
Apps and services
- Contact Us
Simulator VR Mode
Simulator VR Mode converts a 3DoF VR simulator environment to 6DoF by using a VR controller or wrist tracker as a positional anchor.
Simulator VR Mode is designed for VR simulator experiences that use motion platforms, including guided vehicles, training simulators, and amusement park rides.
Most VR simulators are limited to 3DoF tracking. Simulator VR Mode, however, uses a VR controller or wrist tracker as a positional anchor to convert a 3DoF environment to 6DoF. This allows users to interact with the environment more naturally, which has the benefit of reducing motion sickness. By integrating an anchor controller or wrist tracker as a positional anchor, developers can easily include motion compensation (motion cancellation) in their designs.
In addition, 6DoF tracking is unaffected by low-light environments, making Simulator VR Mode perfectly suited for closed vehicle interiors or movie theaters.
Simulator VR Mode supports hand tracking and VR controller inputs, as well as hardware development kit services.
For pre-setup information, see Pre-setup. For details on setting up Simulator VR Mode, seeSetting up the headsets and Setting up Simulator VR Mode.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.