Headset and headphones
- About the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Putting on the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Can I wear prescription glasses while using the headset?
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Flipping up the visor
- Connecting a USB device to VIVE Cosmos
- Removing or reattaching the face cushions
- Removing the front and back pads
- Reattaching the front and back pads to the headset
- Reattaching the headset cable strip to the back pad
- Detaching the top strap from the headset band
- Attaching the top strap to the headset band
- Replacing the front cover
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
Product care and maintenance
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Cosmos for the first time
- Setting up the play area
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Does VIVE Cosmos store my room or environment image?
- Can stationary experiences work at room scale?
- How do I fix download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
- Why are the headset and controllers not tracked properly?
VIVE Reality System
- Disabling Volume limit
- Capturing screenshots in VR
- Seeing real surroundings
- Enabling motion compensation
- What is motion compensation?
- Updating the firmware
- Troubleshooting VIVE Cosmos
- Joining the VIVE Cosmos beta program
- Setting the power supply frequency
- What do the error codes and messages mean? What can I do?
- Contact Us
Choosing the play area
Find a space that you will designate as the play area. For best results, do the following:
- Move furniture and obstacles (such as pets, cords, and fragile items) away from the play area.
- Keep your play area clean and safe.
- Keep your room bright, but avoid setting up where there are large windows, mirrors, or reflectors.
- Place your computer next to your play area. The headset cable extends around 5 m (16 ft 4 in) from your computer.
- Do not leave your headset in direct sunlight, as it may damage your headset display.
- Avoid an empty room with plain walls. The lack of defining features could affect tracking.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.