About VIVE Sync
Organizing and managing meetings
- Booking a meeting from the Sync website
- Booking a meeting from Outlook
- Booking a meeting room from the lobby
- Uploading files to use in your meetings
- Uploading files from your PC with VIVE Sync File Manager
- Uploading 360° videos
- Joining a VIVE Sync meeting
- Navigating meeting rooms with VR controllers
- Things you can do in a VIVE Sync meeting
- Hosting a meeting
- Changing your presence state
- Private Talk
- Safe zone
- Downloading screenshots and other files created in meetings
Presenting to your audience
- Presenting content in a meeting
- Opening documents and other files
- Accessing web content
- Adding, changing, and removing bookmarks
- Writing and drawing on the whiteboard
- Working with content windows
- Using Presentation view
- Requesting control of a content window or Big Screen
- Mirroring the presenter's screen
- Viewing and sharing a 360° video
- Opening 3D models
- Requesting control of a 3D model
Tools you can use
Accessing your PC
Using tracking features in VIVE Sync
Using VIVE Sync in VIVE Flow
- Using your phone as a controller in VIVE Sync
- Navigating the virtual space with the phone controller
- Opening and closing the Options Menu with the phone controller
- Interacting with 3D models using the phone controller
- Performing gestures with the phone controller
- Handling content windows with the phone controller
Using VIVE Sync on your PC and mobile device
Solutions and FAQs
- How many people can join a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What are the system requirements for using VIVE Sync with a PC VR headset?
- What devices are compatible with VIVE Sync?
- Can people using different VR headsets join the same VIVE Sync meeting?
- What languages does VIVE Sync support?
- Is VIVE Sync compatible with Oculus VR headsets?
- What is the VIVE Avatar Creator app, and where can I find it?
- What types of files can I share during a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What's the file size limit for uploading files to a room?
- How many files and content windows can I open at the same time?
- Why can't I sign in to the VIVE Sync website on iPad or iPhone?
- How do I send feature requests, feedback, and suggestions to the VIVE Sync team?
- What ports must the network administrator enable for VIVE Sync?
VIVE Sync meetings
- Can I book VIVE Sync meetings from Outlook?
- I was invited to a VIVE Sync meeting. How do I join?
- Why aren't some meetings listed on the Agenda panel in the VIVE Sync lobby?
- How do I upload files to a meeting room?
- What's the difference between Host code and Guest code?
- Where and for how long are uploaded files stored in VIVE Sync?
- Can I record VIVE Sync meetings?
- How long are screenshots and meeting minutes available after the meeting ends? How do I download them?
- Contact Us
Enabling hand tracking
To use hand tracking in VIVE Sync, hand tracking must be enabled both in the headset and in VIVE Sync.
Currently, hand tracking can only be used in VIVE Focus 3.
- In the headset, go to Settings > Connectivity and turn on Hand Tracking.
VIVE Sync and sign in with your HTC account.
Because hand tracking is disabled by default in VIVE Sync, use the controllers first to navigate the app.
Point toward the
Main menu button, and then select
- Select General, and then enable Hand tracking (Beta).
- Select to close the Global Settings window.
Place the controllers aside on a level surface and lift your hands in front of the headset. You can now use your hands as controllers in VIVE Sync. For details, see Hand gestures in VIVE Sync.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.