About VIVE Sync
Organizing and managing meetings
- Booking a meeting from the Sync website
- Booking a meeting from Outlook
- Booking a meeting room from the lobby
- Uploading files to use in your meetings
- Uploading files from your PC with VIVE Sync File Manager
- Uploading 360° videos
- Joining a VIVE Sync meeting
- Navigating meeting rooms with VR controllers
- Things you can do in a VIVE Sync meeting
- Hosting a meeting
- Changing your presence state
- Private Talk
- Safe zone
- Downloading screenshots and other files created in meetings
Presenting to your audience
- Presenting content in a meeting
- Opening documents and other files
- Accessing web content
- Adding, changing, and removing bookmarks
- Writing and drawing on the whiteboard
- Working with content windows
- Using Presentation view
- Requesting control of a content window or Big Screen
- Mirroring the presenter's screen
- Viewing and sharing a 360° video
- Opening 3D models
- Requesting control of a 3D model
Tools you can use
Accessing your PC
Using tracking features in VIVE Sync
Using VIVE Sync in VIVE Flow
- Using your phone as a controller in VIVE Sync
- Navigating the virtual space with the phone controller
- Opening and closing the Options Menu with the phone controller
- Interacting with 3D models using the phone controller
- Performing gestures with the phone controller
- Handling content windows with the phone controller
Using VIVE Sync on your PC and mobile device
Solutions and FAQs
- How many people can join a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What are the system requirements for using VIVE Sync with a PC VR headset?
- What devices are compatible with VIVE Sync?
- Can people using different VR headsets join the same VIVE Sync meeting?
- What languages does VIVE Sync support?
- Is VIVE Sync compatible with Oculus VR headsets?
- What is the VIVE Avatar Creator app, and where can I find it?
- What types of files can I share during a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What's the file size limit for uploading files to a room?
- How many files and content windows can I open at the same time?
- Why can't I sign in to the VIVE Sync website on iPad or iPhone?
- How do I send feature requests, feedback, and suggestions to the VIVE Sync team?
- What ports must the network administrator enable for VIVE Sync?
VIVE Sync meetings
- Can I book VIVE Sync meetings from Outlook?
- I was invited to a VIVE Sync meeting. How do I join?
- Why aren't some meetings listed on the Agenda panel in the VIVE Sync lobby?
- How do I upload files to a meeting room?
- What's the difference between Host code and Guest code?
- Where and for how long are uploaded files stored in VIVE Sync?
- How long are screenshots available after the meeting ends? How do I download them?
- Contact Us
Here's how to enable safe zone:
- Open the Sync Menu and select Settings . The Global Settings window will be displayed.
Privacy, turn on
Safe zone and choose any of the following settings:
Setting Description Radius Select the distance between you and the boundary of your safe zone. Mute Mutes a user's voice inside your safe zone. Hide nameplate Hides a user's nameplate inside your safe zone.
Here's how safe zone works in VR:
- When users press and hold Trigger while pointing toward the area that's within your safe zone, they will see your safe zone.
- When a user crosses the boundary of your safe zone, you won't see each other inside your safe zone.
- When you've teleported to a seat (or you've been locked to a seat by the host) in the meeting room, a dialog box will be displayed and you can choose to temporarily disable your safe zone. Your safe zone will be re-enabled when you leave your seat.
- Your safe zone will also temporarily be disabled when you're viewing a video in 360 mode. Your safe zone will be re-enabled when you exit 360 mode.
- Private Talk cannot be used with users who are inside your safe zone.
If a Private Talk session with a user has already started before the user entered your safe zone, Private Talk will have higher precedence and your safe zone will temporarily be disabled.
- For details on how safe mode works in Viewer mode, see How safe zone works in Viewer mode.