About VIVE Sync
Organizing and managing meetings
- Booking a meeting from the Sync website
- Booking a meeting from Outlook
- Booking a meeting room from the lobby
- Uploading files to use in your meetings
- Uploading files from your PC with VIVE Sync File Manager
- Uploading 360° videos
- Joining a VIVE Sync meeting
- Navigating meeting rooms with VR controllers
- Things you can do in a VIVE Sync meeting
- Hosting a meeting
- Changing your presence state
- Private Talk
- Safe zone
- Downloading screenshots and other files created in meetings
Presenting to your audience
- Presenting content in a meeting
- Opening documents and other files
- Accessing web content
- Adding, changing, and removing bookmarks
- Writing and drawing on the whiteboard
- Working with content windows
- Using Presentation view
- Requesting control of a content window or Big Screen
- Mirroring the presenter's screen
- Viewing and sharing a 360° video
- Opening 3D models
- Requesting control of a 3D model
Tools you can use
Accessing your PC
Using tracking features in VIVE Sync
Using VIVE Sync in VIVE Flow
- Using your phone as a controller in VIVE Sync
- Navigating the virtual space with the phone controller
- Opening and closing the Options Menu with the phone controller
- Interacting with 3D models using the phone controller
- Performing gestures with the phone controller
- Handling content windows with the phone controller
Using VIVE Sync on your PC and mobile device
Solutions and FAQs
- How many people can join a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What are the system requirements for using VIVE Sync with a PC VR headset?
- What devices are compatible with VIVE Sync?
- Can people using different VR headsets join the same VIVE Sync meeting?
- What languages does VIVE Sync support?
- Is VIVE Sync compatible with Oculus VR headsets?
- What is the VIVE Avatar Creator app, and where can I find it?
- What types of files can I share during a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What's the file size limit for uploading files to a room?
- How many files and content windows can I open at the same time?
- Why can't I sign in to the VIVE Sync website on iPad or iPhone?
- How do I send feature requests, feedback, and suggestions to the VIVE Sync team?
- What ports must the network administrator enable for VIVE Sync?
VIVE Sync meetings
- Can I book VIVE Sync meetings from Outlook?
- I was invited to a VIVE Sync meeting. How do I join?
- Why aren't some meetings listed on the Agenda panel in the VIVE Sync lobby?
- How do I upload files to a meeting room?
- What's the difference between Host code and Guest code?
- Where and for how long are uploaded files stored in VIVE Sync?
- How long are screenshots available after the meeting ends? How do I download them?
- Contact Us
Preparing 3D models
Supported file formats
Unity Asset Bundle
VIVE Sync supports Unity standard and custom shaders, including animations.
Prepare AssetBundle files for all target platforms (‘*_windows.ab’, ‘*_android.ab’, and ‘*_ios.ab’) to allow users of PC VR devices, VIVE Flow and VIVE Focus series, as well as Android and iOS mobile devices (Viewer mode) to view your 3D model.
3D and 2D formats
Use any of the following supported 3D formats for your 3D model: FBX, OBJ, glTF, glb.
- JPG (baseline & progressive - 12 bpc/arithmetic not supported)
- BMP (non-1bpp, non-RLE)
- If your 3D model has separate texture files, the 3D model and textures must be packaged into a ZIP file and then uploaded to a room in VIVE Sync.
- If your 3D model doesn't have separate texture files, it doesn't need to be packaged into a ZIP file. Your 3D model can be directly uploaded to a room.
Recommendations and limitations
|PC VR||All-in-one VR and Mobile|
|Polygons||15,000 or below recommended||5,000 or below recommended, 200,000 maximum|
|File size||150 MB or below recommended||60 MB or below recommended, 300 MB maximum|
|Texture resolution||4096 x 4096 or below recommended||1024 x 1024 recommended, 2048 x 2048 maximum|