Nothing's in my cart
About VIVE Sync
Organizing and managing meetings
- Booking a meeting from the Sync website
- Booking a meeting from Outlook
- Booking a meeting room from the lobby
- Uploading files to use in your meetings
- Uploading files from your PC with VIVE Sync File Manager
- Uploading 360° videos
- Joining a VIVE Sync meeting
- Navigating meeting rooms with VR controllers
- Things you can do in a VIVE Sync meeting
- Hosting a meeting
- Changing your presence state
- Private Talk
- Safe zone
- Downloading screenshots and other files created in meetings
Presenting to your audience
- Presenting content in a meeting
- Opening documents and other files
- Accessing web content
- Adding, changing, and removing bookmarks
- Writing and drawing on the whiteboard
- Working with content windows
- Using Presentation view
- Requesting control of a content window or Big Screen
- Mirroring the presenter's screen
- Viewing and sharing a 360° video
- Opening 3D models
- Requesting control of a 3D model
Tools you can use
Accessing your PC
Using tracking features in VIVE Sync
Using VIVE Sync in VIVE Flow
- Using your phone as a controller in VIVE Sync
- Navigating the virtual space with the phone controller
- Opening and closing the Options Menu with the phone controller
- Interacting with 3D models using the phone controller
- Performing gestures with the phone controller
- Handling content windows with the phone controller
Using VIVE Sync on your PC and mobile device
Solutions and FAQs
- How many people can join a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What are the system requirements for using VIVE Sync with a PC VR headset?
- What devices are compatible with VIVE Sync?
- Can people using different VR headsets join the same VIVE Sync meeting?
- What languages does VIVE Sync support?
- Is VIVE Sync compatible with Oculus VR headsets?
- What is the VIVE Avatar Creator app, and where can I find it?
- What types of files can I share during a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What's the file size limit for uploading files to a room?
- How many files and content windows can I open at the same time?
- Why can't I sign in to the VIVE Sync website on iPad or iPhone?
- How do I send feature requests, feedback, and suggestions to the VIVE Sync team?
- What ports must the network administrator enable for VIVE Sync?
VIVE Sync meetings
- Can I book VIVE Sync meetings from Outlook?
- I was invited to a VIVE Sync meeting. How do I join?
- Why aren't some meetings listed on the Agenda panel in the VIVE Sync lobby?
- How do I upload files to a meeting room?
- What's the difference between Host code and Guest code?
- Where and for how long are uploaded files stored in VIVE Sync?
- Can I record VIVE Sync meetings?
- How long are screenshots and meeting minutes available after the meeting ends? How do I download them?
- Contact Us
Hosting a meeting
To help you, as the host, run a smooth and efficient meeting, VIVE Sync gives you host controls. These controls allow you to mute participants, disable teleporting, and lock a number of tools.
Open the Sync Menu, and then select Roles and Permissions from the right side of the menu to access the host controls. Here are the things you can do with these controls:
Restricting a participant
In the Participants list, toggle on the lock icons next to the participant name.
Per participant, you can also disable or enable the following functions:
|Lock to seat|
Restricting all participants
To restrict all participants from using meeting tools, choose the tools you want to lock:
|Sticky Note tool|
|All tools and functions|
For details on the tools, see Tools you can use.
Recording minutes of the meeting
- To record the meeting, turn on the meeting minutes recorder:
- Choose the duration and start recording.
- Turn off the recorder to stop recording.
To assign a participant as a co-host, hover the beam over the participant icon . Select Assign Host to move the participant to the Host list.
You can assign several participants as co-hosts. They will be able to use all the host controls.
To move someone from the Host list back to the Participant list, hover the beam over the host icon , and then select Remove.
- Go to the Sync website to access the meeting webpage and download the recorded meeting minutes. You need the host password to open the recording.
- When some co-hosts leave the meeting, their selected controls remain locked as long as there's at least one host in the room. When the last remaining host leaves the meeting, all the controls will be unlocked.
Adding a table
Some open-space meeting rooms allow you to add a table.
To add one, select the Room Settings icon . Choose the table size you want to use, and then select Share.
To remove the table from the room, select Stop Sharing.
Clearing the room
If the meeting room is cluttered with your shared content, such as sticky notes and content windows, you can clear them in one sweep. When you're ready to remove them, select the Room Settings icon and then select the Reset icon .
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.