- VIVE Focus 3 features
- What's inside the box?
- About the VIVE Focus 3 headset
- Charging the headset
- Putting on the headset
- Wearing the headset with glasses
- About the VIVE Focus 3 controllers
- Charging the controllers
- Setting up VIVE Focus 3 for individuals, teams, and small businesses
- Inserting a storage card
- Setting up your headset for business and enterprise
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Setting up your play area
- Pairing controllers
- Signing in with your HTC account
- Launching and closing apps
Getting the most out of your headset
- Getting titles from VIVE Business AppStore
- Downloading and installing VR titles on the headset
- Hand tracking
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Copying files between the headset and external storage
- Casting your screen
- Installing APK files on the headset
- About cleaning and disinfecting VIVE Focus 3
- Setting a device passcode
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Adding a VPN
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a display mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Uninstalling content
- Connecting to the internet through USB tethering
- Resetting VIVE Focus 3 (factory reset)
- What is VIVE Manager?
- What phones does VIVE Manager support, and how do I get it?
- What languages does VIVE Manager support?
- Pairing VIVE Manager with VIVE Focus 3
- Casting the headset to your phone
- How do I install system updates from VIVE Manager?
- How do I uninstall VIVE Manager from my Android phone?
- How do I uninstall VIVE Manager from my iPhone?
Solutions and FAQs
- What do the buttons on the headset do?
- What do the LEDs on the battery mean?
- What do the controller buttons do?
- What does the LED on the controllers mean?
- How do I check the power level of my controllers?
- What can I do if I can't see my controllers in VR?
- What do I do if my content crashes?
- What do I do if my headset isn't responding?
- Contact Us
Adjusting the IPD on the headset
If you don't know your IPD, see How can I find my IPD?. Use this measurement as a guide to adjust the distance between the lenses of the headset so that you'll have a better viewing experience.
Why is accurate IPD important?
The headset lenses focus images toward their optical center. This is sometimes called the "sweet spot" in the VR industry. By adjusting the IPD knob, you can tune the sweet spot for the most comfortable view. Misaligned IPD and improperly adjusted headsets are common causes of blurry images, dizziness, and eye strain.
How can I find my IPD?
- Use a ruler and a mirror. See below for detailed instructions.
- Through experimentation. See below for detailed instructions.
- Using third-party apps or websites.
Estimating your IPD in a mirror
Stand directly in front of a mirror, and then hold the ruler up to your eyes.
Make sure that the ruler is level. If you're using a flexible ruler, make sure not to bend it.
Align the zero mark with the center of your pupil.
You may need to close your other eye to get a clear measure.
Check the millimeter mark on the other eye. You may need to close the first eye to get a clear measure.
- Make a note of your IPD measurement. You may want to recheck several times to make sure your reading is accurate.
Estimating your IPD through experimentation
- While wearing the VR headset, focus on text or lines at the center of view. If no text is present, open a screen in VR with text.
- Adjust the IPD dial until the text is clear. Note the number for future use.
- If the image in one eye is clearer than the other, adjust the headset position. Repeat until images are clear for both eyes.