- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Using mixed reality on VIVE XR Elite
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Viewing 360° photos
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Setting up a mixed reality environment
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a tracking mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
VIVE XR Elite for Business
Solutions and FAQs
- What should I do when the headset is unable to detect the controllers?
- How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
- Why isn't the battery percentage displaying correctly?
- Why does my headset turn off when it's connected to a power bank?
- How long is the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the headset?
- Can I connect a wired USB-C audio device to the headset?
Apps and content
- Contact Us
Pairing the controllers
When using VIVE Manager to set up your headset and controllers, the app will prompt you to turn on the controllers. Your headset can automatically detect and pair with the controllers that came in the box. For details, see Setting up your headset for the first time.If your headset did not automatically detect the controllers during setup or you need to change controllers, you can pair them manually. Here's how:
To change to a different set of controllers, go to Settings, select
Inputs > Controllers, and then select
Pair new for each controller you want to pair.
Tip: You can also pair controllers using the VIVE Manager mobile app.
- To turn on the controllers, press the VIVE button on the right controller and the Menu button on the left controller.
To pair the controllers manually, press and hold Menu + Y on the left controller and VIVE + B on the right controller for 2 seconds.
The controller LEDs will flash blue when in pairing mode.
Note: If your headset has previously paired with controllers, you'll need to use the headset button or the VIVE Manager mobile app to forget the controllers before you can pair them again.