Nothing's in my cart
Headset and converter
- About the VIVE Pro headset
- Putting on the VIVE Pro headset
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Pro Secure?
- Adjusting the lens distance on the headset
- Replacing the face cushion
- Connecting a USB device to the VIVE Pro headset
- Removing the headset earphones
- Replacing the headset earphones
- Reattaching the head pad on the headset strap
- Updating the headset firmware
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- What can I do to troubleshoot the headset?
- What can I do when the status light on the headset indicates an error?
- What should I do if the headset is not tracked?
- My headset display is blurry. What should I do?
- What can I do to resolve the "headset not found" error?
- My headset can't be detected due to a USB port issue. What should I do?
- After upgrading to Windows 10, VIVE shows as the computer's main monitor. What should I do?
- I'm experiencing skipped frames. What could I do?
- I'm seeing drifting motion or floating objects in VR. What could I do?
- Is there a way to also hear from the computer what's in VR?
- What should I do if there's cracking noise from the headset earphones?
- What can I do if the headset connection status is unstable?
- The headset display suddenly turns blank. What can I do?
- About the VIVE Controllers (2018)
- Connecting the controllers to the computer
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Updating controller firmware
- What should I do if any of the controllers is not tracked?
- How do I know which of the controllers is not being tracked?
- What can I do if the controller's trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller are not recognized?
- I can't use my controller after I accidentally unplugged it during the firmware update. What should I do?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Pro Secure for the first time
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Resetting the play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Will VR apps that are for limited spaces or stationary experiences only work with a room-scale setup?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
System Dashboard settings
- Contact Us
Updating base station firmware via cable connection
- From your computer, open the SteamVR app.
- If you see the icon, mouse over it to check if the firmware is out of date. If so, click Update Device.
- Unplug the base stations from their power adapters, and then carefully unmount them.
- Using a micro-USB cable, connect the base stations to one of your computer’s USB ports one at time.
While pressing the Channel button at the back of the base station, plug in the base station’s power adapter.
Once the base station is detected by the SteamVR app, the firmware update will start automatically.Warning: Do not unplug the micro-USB cable or power cable before the firmware update is complete. Doing so could result in a firmware error.
- When the update is complete, click Done.