Nothing's in my cart
About VIVE Sync
Organizing and managing meetings
- Booking a meeting from the Sync website
- Booking a meeting from Outlook
- Booking a meeting room from the lobby
- Preparing files for the meeting
- Joining a VIVE Sync meeting
- Navigating meeting rooms with VR controllers
- Things you can do in a VIVE Sync meeting
- Hosting a meeting
- Changing your presence state
- Private Talk
Presenting to your audience
Tools you can use
Using hand tracking in VIVE Sync
Using VIVE Sync in VIVE Flow
- Using your phone as a controller in VIVE Sync
- Navigating the virtual space with the phone controller
- Opening and closing the Options Menu with the phone controller
- Interacting with 3D models using the phone controller
- Performing gestures with the phone controller
- Handling content windows with the phone controller
Using VIVE Sync on your PC and mobile device
Solutions and FAQs
- How many people can join a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What devices are compatible with VIVE Sync?
- Can people using different VR headsets join the same VIVE Sync meeting?
- Is VIVE Sync compatible with Oculus VR headsets?
- What languages does VIVE Sync support?
- What are the system requirements for using VIVE Sync with a PC VR headset?
- What is the VIVE Sync Avatar Creator app, and where can I find it?
- What types of files can I share during a VIVE Sync meeting?
- What's the file size limit for uploading files to a room?
- How many files and content windows can I open at the same time?
- Why can't I sign in to the VIVE Sync website on iPad or iPhone?
- How do I send feature requests, feedback, and suggestions to the VIVE Sync team?
- What ports must the network administrator enable for VIVE Sync?
VIVE Sync meetings
- Can I book VIVE Sync meetings from Outlook?
- I was invited to a VIVE Sync meeting. How do I join?
- Why aren't some meetings listed on the Agenda panel in the VIVE Sync lobby?
- How do I upload files to a meeting room?
- How do I import 3D models into VIVE Sync?
- I uploaded a 3D model, but I couldn't open it in the meeting room. Why?
- What's the difference between Host code and Guest code?
- Where and for how long are uploaded files stored in VIVE Sync?
- Can I record VIVE Sync meetings?
- How long are screenshots and meeting minutes available after the meeting ends? How do I download them?
- Contact Us
Joining a VIVE Sync meeting
Join meetings to collaborate with your colleagues in VR. There are different ways to join a VIVE Sync meeting.
Important: You need to sign up for an HTC Account, if you don't have one.
As a guest, you'll receive the meeting invitation by email:
Follow the steps below to join the meeting.
Join Sync Meeting in the email.
The following message will be displayed on your web browser:
Computer's web browser Mobile web browser
Depending on the type of device you'll be using to join the meeting, do one of the following:
Device Do this
PC VR headset, or Viewer mode on a computer
Follow the instructions to launch the VIVE Sync app on your computer.
Click Add to Calendar, and then sign in to the Sync website.
This adds the meeting to your Sync calendar and the Agenda panel in the VIVE Sync app.
Click Join via VIVE Flow.
Viewer mode on your mobile device
Click Join via Mobile App.Note: Clicking Upload and download files in the invitation email also logs you in to the Sync website and adds the meeting to the Sync calendar and VIVE Sync Agenda panel.
To find out how to upload files to the meeting room, see Preparing files for the meeting.
- When you're ready, enter the meeting room on your device.
If you're the host of the meeting, follow the same steps for PC VR, All-in-one VR, or VIVE Flow above to join the meeting. If you choose to join the meeting by entering the room ID and password, make sure you enter the host password.
Whether you're the host or guest, you can access the meeting info page in the Sync website again after the meeting ends to download content from the meeting room, such as captured snapshots and recorded minutes of the meeting.
Note: You need the host password to open recorded meeting minutes.