Nothing's in my cart
Headset and converter
- About the VIVE Pro headset
- Putting on the VIVE Pro headset
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Pro Secure?
- Adjusting the lens distance on the headset
- Replacing the face cushion
- Connecting a USB device to the VIVE Pro headset
- Removing the headset earphones
- Replacing the headset earphones
- Reattaching the head pad on the headset strap
- Updating the headset firmware
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- What can I do to troubleshoot the headset?
- What can I do when the status light on the headset indicates an error?
- What should I do if the headset is not tracked?
- My headset display is blurry. What should I do?
- What can I do to resolve the "headset not found" error?
- My headset can't be detected due to a USB port issue. What should I do?
- After upgrading to Windows 10, VIVE shows as the computer's main monitor. What should I do?
- I'm experiencing skipped frames. What could I do?
- I'm seeing drifting motion or floating objects in VR. What could I do?
- Is there a way to also hear from the computer what's in VR?
- What should I do if there's cracking noise from the headset earphones?
- What can I do if the headset connection status is unstable?
- The headset display suddenly turns blank. What can I do?
- About the VIVE Controllers (2018)
- Connecting the controllers to the computer
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Updating controller firmware
- What should I do if any of the controllers is not tracked?
- How do I know which of the controllers is not being tracked?
- What can I do if the controller's trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller are not recognized?
- I can't use my controller after I accidentally unplugged it during the firmware update. What should I do?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Pro Secure for the first time
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Resetting the play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Will VR apps that are for limited spaces or stationary experiences only work with a room-scale setup?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
System Dashboard settings
- Contact Us
My headset can't be detected due to a USB port issue. What should I do?
Do the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:
Plug the USB cable into a different USB port to confirm if the error is due to a USB port-related issue.
- Plug the USB cable into a generic USB 3.0 port.
- Open the SteamVR app, and then click > Create System Report.
Make sure that VIVE Pro Secure devices connect via a USB xHCI port rather than to a port from a specific manufacturer, which might have a compatibility issue with VIVE Pro Secure.
Manually update the USB driver on your computer. You can also download and install official driver updates from the website of your motherboard or USB port manufacturer.
If updating your USB driver doesn't solve the error, purchase and use another PCI-Express USB card (with Intel chipset). Based on our tests, this USB card works well with VIVE Pro Secure:Inateck® 2-Port USB 3.0 PCI-Express Card (Serial: KTU3FR-2O2I)
For more information, you may refer to the SteamVR Troubleshooting page.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.