Marker-based tracking features
Marker-Based Location Sharing setup
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing with one ArUco marker
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing with two ArUco markers
- Creating ArUco markers for Marker-Based Location Sharing
- Aligning the height of a virtual scene using an ArUco marker
- Moving a user to a specific point in a virtual scene
- Running Marker-Based Location Sharing with VIVE Business Streaming
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (AIO)
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (PC VR)
- Marker-Based Location Sharing JSON files
LBE Mode/LBE Hybrid Mode setup
LBE map configuration
Marker-Based Drift Prevention and Marker-Based Relocation setup
Marker-Based Scene Alignment setup
Simulator VR Mode setup
- Setting up Simulator VR Mode
- Pairing VR controllers with a headset
- Pairing wrist trackers with a headset
- Installing an anchor controller or tracker in a VR simulator
- Coordinate alignment
- Anchor controller and tracker origin points
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using a VR controller
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using an ArUco marker
- Simulator VR Mode FAQs
Apps and services
- Contact Us
Aligning the height of a virtual scene using an ArUco marker
When a user scans a marker created for Marker-Based Location Sharing, the virtual scene is set to the origin point.
The height of the virtual scene's origin point (y) is based on the height setting of the marker. By scanning a marker with a specific height setting, a user can align their perspective with the virtual scene.
Marker height is defined relative to the floor in the virtual scene, so in order to define the height of the marker correctly, you'll need to set the tracking origin of your virtual scene to the floor.
Set the tracking origin of your virtual scene to the floor.
If you're using the Wave Rig SDK in Unity, set Tracking Origin to Floor.
See Unity XR Rig for details.
If you're using the OpenXR Plugin in Unity, set Tracking Origin Mode to Floor.
See How can I set the Tracking Origin Mode when using Unity XR? for details.
- Create your marker and set the height accordingly. If you're putting the marker on the floor, set the height to 0. For details, see Creating ArUco markers for Marker-Based Location Sharing. When a headset scans the marker, the virtual scene will shift to the coordinates 0, y, 0.