Marker-based tracking features
Marker-Based Location Sharing setup
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing with one ArUco marker
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing with two ArUco markers
- Creating ArUco markers for Marker-Based Location Sharing
- Aligning the height of a virtual scene using an ArUco marker
- Moving a user to a specific point in a virtual scene
- Running Marker-Based Location Sharing with VIVE Business Streaming
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (AIO)
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (PC VR)
- Marker-Based Location Sharing JSON files
LBE Mode/LBE Hybrid Mode setup
LBE map configuration
Marker-Based Drift Prevention and Marker-Based Relocation setup
Marker-Based Scene Alignment setup
Simulator VR Mode setup
- Setting up Simulator VR Mode
- Pairing VR controllers with a headset
- Pairing wrist trackers with a headset
- Installing an anchor controller or tracker in a VR simulator
- Coordinate alignment
- Anchor controller and tracker origin points
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using a VR controller
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using an ArUco marker
- Simulator VR Mode FAQs
Apps and services
- Contact Us
Creating ArUco markers for Marker-Based Location Sharing
You can create up to two ArUco markers for Marker-Based Location Sharing.
To avoid potential issues when generating JSON files with the VIVE ArUco Marker Generator, make sure your computer's display language is set to English.
- Open the VIVE ArUco Marker Generator on your PC.
- For Marker ID, enter a value between 0 and 99. If you're creating two markers, this will be the primary marker.
- Specify the length of the sides of the marker in centimeters.
- Specify the DPI for the marker. DPI is set to 72 by default.
- For Function, select Marker-Based Location Sharing. The Secondary marker ID and Main marker height (cm) fields will appear.
- Optional: Enter an ID for a secondary marker.
Optional: Specify the height of the primary marker in centimeters.
- The height of the main marker is defined as the distance from the floor to the center of the main marker.
- If you're putting the marker on the floor, set the height to 0.
- Two markers must be placed in the play area at the same height.
For details on this setting, see Aligning the height of a virtual scene using an ArUco marker.
- Click Save. The marker settings will appear on the list.
Generate. The marker settings and associated APIs will be downloaded as a JSON file.
Note: When creating two markers for Marker-Based Location Sharing, make sure both markers appear on the list before generating the JSON file.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.