Nothing's in my cart
- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Using mixed reality on VIVE XR Elite
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Viewing 360° photos
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Setting up a mixed reality environment
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a tracking mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
VIVE XR Elite for Business
Solutions and FAQs
- What should I do when the headset is unable to detect the controllers?
- How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
- Why isn't the battery percentage displaying correctly?
- Why does my headset turn off when it's connected to a power bank?
- How long is the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the headset?
- Can I connect a wired USB-C audio device to the headset?
Apps and content
- Contact Us
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
Your headset can connect to 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks.
The headset also supports the Wi-Fi 6E standard. You can connect to 6 GHz wireless networks in regions where the headset is certified to use Wi-Fi 6E.
- Currently, the headset can only use
Wi-Fi 6E in select regions. Because
Wi-Fi 6E is still a new standard, availability and channels will be dependent on local legislation in your country.
For details, see In what regions can Wi-Fi 6E be used?.
- Before the headset can detect 6 GHz wireless networks, you need to connect it to a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz network first. You can then scan for 6 GHz networks to connect to.
Here's how to connect the headset to a Wi-Fi network:
- From Home, select Settings.
- Select Connectivity.
Nearby 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks will be listed.
- Select the Wi-Fi network to connect to.
- Enter your login credentials, configure your network settings, and then select Connect.
The headset will then connect to the selected network. Your previous network will remain saved so you can easily reconnect to it later.
- If the network you want to use isn't listed, try adding it manually by selecting Add network.
- To reconnect to a previous network, select Saved networks and then select a wireless network to connect to.