Marker-based tracking features
Tools and applications
Marker-Based Location Sharing setup
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing with one ArUco marker
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing with two ArUco markers
- Creating ArUco markers for Marker-Based Location Sharing
- Aligning the height of a virtual scene using an ArUco marker
- Moving a user to a specific point in a virtual scene
- Running Marker-Based Location Sharing with VIVE Business Streaming
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (AIO)
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (PC VR)
- Marker-Based Location Sharing JSON files
LBE Mode/LBE Hybrid Mode setup
LBE map configuration
Marker-Based Drift Prevention and Marker-Based Relocation setup
Marker-Based Scene Alignment setup
Simulator VR Mode setup
- Setting up Simulator VR Mode
- Pairing VR controllers with a headset
- Pairing wrist trackers with a headset
- Installing an anchor controller or tracker in a VR simulator
- Coordinate alignment
- Anchor controller and tracker origin points
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using a VR controller
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using an ArUco marker
- Simulator VR Mode FAQs
- Contact Us
Creating a map without VIVE Manager
You can create a virtual map of your play area by using only the primary headset.
Before creating a map, make sure to clear the tracking map on the headset. You can use VBC or VADMS to clear the map.
- Take the headset to the center of the first section of the play area.
- Hold the headset at shoulder level and face forward. The headset will wake from standby and start scanning.
Rotate 360° in a single, continuous motion for 5 seconds. Keep the headset stationary while turning.
Rotate 360° again, but this time, tilt the headset up and down while turning. Do this for 9 seconds.
Walk the perimeter of the section at a normal pace to trace the section boundary. Keep the headset stationary while walking.
- Move to the next section you want to scan and repeat the process.
When you've finished scanning every section, press and hold the headset button to power off the headset. The virtual map will be saved to the device automatically.
If scanning is interrupted (for example, if the headset enters standby mode or powers off), you'll need to reconnect the headset to your PC and clear the tracking map before scanning the play area again.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.