Headset and link box
- About the VIVE Pro 2 headset
- Putting on the VIVE Pro 2 headset
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Pro 2?
- Adjusting the lens distance on the headset
- Replacing the face cushion
- Connecting a USB device to the VIVE Pro 2 headset
- Removing the headset earphones
- Replacing the headset earphones
- Reattaching the head pad on the headset strap
- Updating the headset firmware
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- What is the dual camera used for?
VIVE Link Box (2.0)
Product care and repair
- How do I fix issues such as the display turning black or showing static?
- What can I do to troubleshoot the headset?
- What can I do when the status light on the headset indicates an error?
- What should I do if the headset is not tracked?
- My headset display is blurry. What should I do?
- What can I do to resolve the "headset not found" error?
- My headset can't be detected due to a USB port issue. What should I do?
- After upgrading to Windows 10, VIVE shows as the computer's main monitor. What should I do?
- I'm experiencing skipped frames. What could I do?
- I'm seeing drifting motion or floating objects in VR. What could I do?
- There's no audio when I use my USB Type-C headphones.
- Is there a way to also hear from the computer what's in VR?
- What can I do if the headset's dual camera won't turn on?
- What should I do if there's cracking noise from the headset earphones?
- What can I do if the headset connection status is unstable?
- While the headset is connected, my PC beeps when rebooting.
Base Station 2.0
- About SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Installing SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Tips for setting up SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- How many SteamVR Base Stations 2.0 can I use in a single setup?
- What things should I consider when installing more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Setting up additional base stations
- What are the minimum and maximum play area when using more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- My available space has an irregular shape. Can I still set up more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Can I use an odd number of SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Configuring the base station channels
- How can I check which base stations are currently in use?
- Using the mounting kit to install SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Cleaning the base stations
Base Station 1.0
Base Station 1.0 and 2.0 FAQs
- About VIVE Controllers (2018)
- Charging the controllers
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Pairing the controllers with the headset
- Attaching the lanyards to the controllers
- Updating controller firmware
- What does the status light on the controllers mean?
- What should I do if a controller is not tracked?
- How do I know which controller is not tracked?
- What can I do if the controller trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller won't turn on?
- The controller automatically turns off. What should I do?
- How do I recover my controller after an interrupted update?
- What is the play area?
- Choosing the play area
- Planning your play area
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Can seated/standing-only experiences work at room scale?
- How do I fix download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
System Dashboard settings
- Contact Us
What do the error codes and messages mean? What can I do?
|Error code||Issue||Steps to resolve issue|
|001||Headset is not connected.||
|002||VIVE Console needs to be restarted.||
|003||DisplayPort cable is disconnected or no video stream detected.||
If the issue persists, try updating your GPU driver to the latest version.
|006||DisplayPort connection is not stable.||
|007, 008||ROM checksum failed. Try again after updating the software.||
|009||The USB cable must be connected to a USB 3.0 or higher port on the computer.||
|010||No audio coming from the headset.||
|101||Audio update failed.||
|102, 106, 107, 108||Headset firmware update failed.||
|105||Headset not connected.||
|109, 110, 111, 112||Camera firmware update failed.||
|200||The headset cannot be detected. Make sure that cables are properly connected and then restart the headset.||
|201||The headset display cannot be detected. Make sure that the headset cable is properly connected.||Make sure the headset cable is properly connected.|
|202||Calibration data is lost. For assistance on how to fix this, contact Customer Care.||Contact Customer Care.|
|203, 205, 206, 207||Oops! This should not happen. Reinstall VIVE software to fix this.||Reinstall the VIVE software.|
|208||Update VIVE software and firmware to fix this.||Update both the VIVE software and firmware.|
|209||The server is disconnected. Restart VIVE Console to fix this.||
|210||The compositor is disconnected. Restart VIVE Console to fix this.||Restart VIVE Console.|
|211||Check that your GPU driver is updated to the latest version.||Make sure your GPU driver is updated to the latest version.|
|212, 213,214||Restart VIVE Console to fix this [error ID number].||Restart VIVE Console.|
|215||Please update graphics card driver.||Update your graphics card driver to the latest version.|
|216||Please check that SteamVR was installed properly or has finished updating.||Make sure SteamVR was installed properly or has finished updating.|
|217||SteamVR has encountered an unexpected problem. Restart VIVE Console to fix this.||Restart VIVE Console.|
|218||The VIVE Pro 2 camera is being used by another application.||
|219||The VIVE Pro 2 headset can't be recognized when SteamVR is in safe mode.||Disable
SteamVR safe mode, and restart
SteamVR. If the problem persists, do the following:
|220||There is a compatibility problem with the DisplayPort connection (HDCP error)||
If you're using an MSI notebook, go to MSI's technical support web page for help on how to update your notebook to the latest V-BIOS.
If you're not using an MSI notebook, submit a report using VIVE Console. In VIVE Console, go to Settings > Troubleshooting > Report issue.
|222||The headset cannot be detected. Make sure the USB cable is properly connected.||Make sure the USB cable is properly connected on the link box and/or computer.|
|223||Make sure the headset's camera firmware is updated to the latest version.||
|224||You've exceeded the maximum number of monitors.||There's a limit to the number of monitors you can connect to your graphics card. Depending on the selected headset display resolution, do the following: