Managing members, buildings, and spaces
- Signing in to the VIVERSE for Business Management Console
- Types of roles in VIVERSE for Business
- Types of virtual spaces
- Distributing seats
- Assigning account owners
- Assigning building owners
- Adding members to a building
- Assigning space owners
- Adding members to a persistent space
- Inviting guests to a persistent space
Uploading and downloading content
Entering VIVERSE for Business
Creating and joining sessions
Tools you can use
Viewing and sharing content
Working with 3D models
Accessing your PC
Using Viewer mode
- Using Viewer mode on your computer or mobile device
- Starting a Private Talk session in Viewer mode
- Viewer controls
- Creating and joining sessions in Viewer mode
- Using the file browser in Viewer mode
- Using the web browser in Viewer mode
- Viewing content shared by other members
- How safe zone works in Viewer mode
Solutions and FAQs
- What are the system requirements for using VIVERSE for Business with PC VR headsets?
- What devices are compatible with VIVERSE for Business?
- What languages does VIVERSE for Business support?
- How do I send feature requests, feedback, and suggestions to the VIVERSE for Business team?
- Why can't I sign in to the VIVERSE for Business User Console on iPad or iPhone?
Files and content windows
- What types of files can I open and share during a session?
- What's the file size limit for uploading files to VIVERSE for Business?
- How do I upload files to a space or session room?
- Where and for how long are uploaded files stored in VIVERSE for Business?
- How long are screenshots retained in VIVERSE for Business? How do I download them?
- How many files and content windows can I open at the same time?
Subscriptions and other FAQs
- Contact Us
Accessing PCs with remote desktop
To use the remote desktop feature, you'll need to install the VIVERSE Remote Desktop Agent on the PCs that will connect to VIVERSE for Business. For details on how to install it, see Installing VIVERSE add-ons.
Here's how to use remote desktop to access a PC:
- On your computer, launch the VIVERSE Remote Desktop Agent.
- Sign in with the same HTC account that you're using for VIVERSE for Business.
- If this is your first time setting up the VIVERSE Remote Desktop Agent, read the terms and conditions. When done, click Accept.
Follow the onscreen instructions to set a device passcode for your PC and connect your PC to
VIVERSE for Business.
Tip: To hear the computer's audio in VIVERSE for Business, click in the upper left and turn on Play audio from connected desktop.
- After clicking Connect in the desktop agent, put on your headset.
- Launch VIVERSE for Business and sign in with your HTC account.
- Open the VIVERSE Menu and then select Desktop.
Devices, select the PC you want to connect to.
- Enter your PC's device passcode and then select Connect.
Select the display you want to view.
Tip: If your PC is connected to multiple displays, you can choose which one to view.
Desktop window just as you would on your PC.
You can open the PC's web browser, check your email, open files, and more.
You can also move, resize, and share the Desktop window. To find out how, see Working with content windows.
- The remote desktop feature is only available on standalone headsets such as VIVE XR Elite and VIVE Focus 3.
- Currently, remote desktop doesn't support microphone audio from the headset. If you use remote desktop to make conference calls, you'll be able to hear other people but they won't be able to hear you.