Nothing's in my cart
ArUco markers and marker-based tracking features
Marker-Based Location Sharing setup
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing
- Creating ArUco markers for Marker-Based Location Sharing
- Aligning the height of a virtual scene using an ArUco marker
- Moving a user to a specific point in a virtual scene
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing with VIVE Business Streaming
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (AIO)
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (PC VR)
LBE Mode/LBE Hybrid Mode setup
LBE map configuration
Marker-Based Drift Prevention and Marker-Based Relocation setup
Marker-Based Scene Alignment setup
- Setting up Marker-Based Scene Alignment
- Configuring the position of an ArUco marker in a virtual scene (Unity)
- Creating ArUco markers for Marker-Based Scene Alignment
- Setting up Marker-Based Scene Alignment with VIVE Business Streaming
- Marker-Based Scene Alignment APIs (AIO)
- Marker-Based Scene Alignment APIs (PC VR)
Simulator VR Mode setup
- Setting up Simulator VR Mode
- Pairing wrist trackers with a headset
- Installing an anchor controller or tracker in a VR simulator
- Coordinate alignment
- Anchor controller and tracker origin points
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using a VR controller
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using an ArUco marker
- Simulator VR Mode FAQs
- Contact Us
Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing with VIVE Business Streaming
Use VIVE Business Streaming to set up Marker-Based Location Sharing for PC VR headsets.
Note: Marker-Based Location Sharing can only be used with headsets enrolled in VO Mode. For details, see Visual Odometry (VO) Mode.
- Set up the headsets you'll use in the play area. See Setting up the headsets.
- Create your ArUco markers. See Creating ArUco markers for Marker-Based Location Sharing.
- Optional: Set the tracking origin of your virtual scene. This will be used to align the height of the virtual scene according to the height of the marker you create. See Aligning the height of a virtual scene using an ArUco marker for details.
- Place the primary marker in your play area in a central location. You can put it on the floor or wall, as long as it is clearly visible.
- If you're using two markers, place the secondary marker in the play area. Make sure it's at least 150 cm away from the primary marker.
Do one of the following:
- Save markers_list.json to a designated file path on your computer and insert the file path in the corresponding API. The headset's tracking engine will retrieve the marker settings from the JSON file on your PC.
- Insert the marker settings from markers_list_escape.json directly into the corresponding API embedded in your application's code.
For details, see Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (PC VR).
- Connect your headset to your computer using a USB Type-C cable.
- Open VIVE Business Streaming on your PC and make sure it's updated to the latest version.
- Install the latest version of the VIVE Business Streaming VR app on your headset.
- Open SteamVR and start streaming your desired app or game.
- Move to the play area and scan the marker (or markers). Location sharing will start automatically.
- If you've updated the marker settings JSON file markers_list.json, restart VIVE Business Streaming on your computer and headset and then restart SteamVR to apply the changes.
- If you move to a different position in the play area while running a game or app, restart VIVE Business Streaming on the headset to reset your position in VR.
- After you scan a marker, marker detection will be disabled on the headset. You can re-enable marker detection by restarting VIVE Business Streaming on the headset.
- Location sharing is not affected by SteamVR activity, including switching games or apps, closing a game or app and returning to SteamVR home, or restarting SteamVR.
- If you restart your headset or restart VIVE Business Streaming on the headset, you'll need to scan the ArUco markers again to resume location sharing.