Nothing's in my cart
ArUco markers and marker-based tracking features
Marker-Based Location Sharing setup
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing
- Creating ArUco markers for Marker-Based Location Sharing
- Aligning the height of a virtual scene using an ArUco marker
- Moving a user to a specific point in a virtual scene
- Setting up Marker-Based Location Sharing with VIVE Business Streaming
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (AIO)
- Marker-Based Location Sharing APIs (PC VR)
LBE Mode/LBE Hybrid Mode setup
LBE map configuration
Marker-Based Drift Prevention and Marker-Based Relocation setup
Marker-Based Scene Alignment setup
- Setting up Marker-Based Scene Alignment
- Configuring the position of an ArUco marker in a virtual scene (Unity)
- Creating ArUco markers for Marker-Based Scene Alignment
- Setting up Marker-Based Scene Alignment with VIVE Business Streaming
- Marker-Based Scene Alignment APIs (AIO)
- Marker-Based Scene Alignment APIs (PC VR)
Simulator VR Mode setup
- Setting up Simulator VR Mode
- Pairing wrist trackers with a headset
- Installing an anchor controller or tracker in a VR simulator
- Coordinate alignment
- Anchor controller and tracker origin points
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using a VR controller
- Aligning VR and anchor coordinate systems using an ArUco marker
- Simulator VR Mode FAQs
- Contact Us
Setting up Marker-Based Scene Alignment
Marker-Based Scene Alignment allows you to align virtual scenes with physical environments by using ArUco markers.
Note: This topic explains how to set up Marker-Based Scene Alignment for AIO devices. Additional steps are required to use Marker-Based Scene Alignment with PC VR headsets. For details on setting up Marker-Based Scene Alignment for PC VR, see Setting up Marker-Based Scene Alignment with VIVE Business Streaming.
- Set up the headsets you'll use in the play area. See Setting up the headsets.
Decide where you want to put the marker, and then measure the distance from the floor to the center of the marker's intended position. For the best performance, place the marker near the edge of a wall or on a pillar. You can also place it on the floor.
Note: Marker-Based Scene Alignment supports up to two ArUco markers. Using two markers improves the precision of scene alignment, but any difference between the position of the markers in your play area and their position in the virtual scene may affect alignment results.
- Align the position of the marker in your virtual scene according to the intended position of the marker in the play area. See Configuring the position of an ArUco marker in a virtual scene (Unity).
- Create your ArUco marker. See Creating ArUco markers for Marker-Based Scene Alignment.
- Place the marker in your play area as planned.
- Create your tracking map. See Creating a map with VIVE Manager.
- Calibrate the tracking map for Marker-Based Scene Alignment. See Calibrating a map for Marker-Based Scene Alignment.
- Move to the play area and put on your headset. The headset should wake from standby mode.
- Scan one of the ArUco markers with your headset. The virtual scene will align with your play area.