Nothing's in my cart
1.0 Fall Protection
1.1 Lesson Selection (Main Hub)
1.2 Lesson One - Gear Selection
1.3 Lesson Two - Training Room
2.0 Confined Space
2.2 Lesson One - Gear Selection
2.3 Lesson Two - Training Room
3.0 Lockout Tagout (LoTo)
3.2 Lesson One - Gear Selection
3.3 Lesson Two - Training Room
- About Training Room
- Setup 1: Select all equipment needing LoTo - Part 1
- Setup 2: Select all equipment that needs LoTo - Part 2
- Setup 3: Select all equipment that needs LoTo - Part 3
- Setup 4: Radio to notify affected workers
- Setup 5: Apply and remove LoTo - Circuit Breaker Switch and Valve
- Setup 6: Release residual energy and verify
3.4 Lesson Three - Factory Site
- About Factory Site
- Step 1: Use Radio to Notify Affected Employees
- Step 2: Turn off the Power Switch, and Turn off Circuit Breaker Switch 3, then LoTo
- Step 3: Confirm Electrical Power Source Is Turned off
- Step 4: Release any Residual Energy
- Step 5: Services the Pump with the Wrench
- Step 6: Remove LoTo, and Open Main and Residual Pressure Valve
- Step 7: Remove LoTo and Turn on Circuit Breaker Switch 3
- Step 8: Notify Coworkers that Work Is Done
- Step 9: Power on the Pump
- Contact Us
Step 4: Release any Residual Energy
There are two valves on the pump. The upper valve is the main valve, and the lower valve has the words Pressure Release Valve written on it.
- When the Main Valve (upper valve) is closed, the pressure will drop to 30 psi on the pressure gauge.
- When the Main Valve is opened at 0 psi, the pressure will rise to 30 psi.
- When the Residual Energy Valve (lower valve) is closed, the pressure will drop to 0 psi, and a gas release sound plays.
- When the Pressure Release Valve is opened, a gas release sound is heard, and the pressure will rise to 60 psi.
The trainee should shut down the Main Valve (upper valve) to the Pump first, followed by the Pressure Release Valve (lower valve). They should verify that residual energy has been released by checking that the pressure gauge is at zero, and then apply the appropriate locks and tags to each valve.
If the trainee attempts to release any residual energy without closing the main valve, the trainee will automatically fail and the screen will darken. The following text will display on screen:
You died! You died when releasing the residual pressure valve. Try again, but first close the main valve, and watch the pressure gauge.
Under the text is the Back to main hub button. The trainee will need to select this button by aiming the controller beam at the button and pressing the trigger.
The screen darkens and an orange destination circle with arrows pointing inward will appear. The following will appear:
To continue, move to the center.
The setup completes and the trainee reappears in the Main Hub.
If the trainee does not release residual energy before servicing the pump and automatically fail, they will receive a BAD grade for Didn't die from power surge and Checked for residual energy.
If the trainee does not properly lock and tag the circuit breaker switch after turning it off, this will result in a BAD score for Used locks and tags correctly.